Sullivan is currently looking for a Project Manager to join our team.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Manager, Sitework, the Project Manager has overall accountability for managing assigned projects from Estimate to Closure including but not limited to safety, schedule and cost management, change management, quality control, sub-contractor management, project documentation and shop drawings.
The Project Manager is accountable for decision making on assigned projects relative to profit and schedule, and is expected to operate with a high degree of independence. Significant decisions or deviations regarding budget or schedule (as defined by the Business Unit Leader) must be concurred with by the BUL or President/CEO.
While the Project Manager is responsible for a multitude of duties, the main functions include:
- Managing full-cycle projects including design, scheduling and budget
- Maintaining the project schedule to assure deadlines are met on time and on budget
- Managing change requests and executing change orders throughout the project
- Communicating plans and progress reports to stakeholders and team members
- Attend pre-job site visits and mark-up and/or kick-off meetings are required
- In conjunction with the Safety Officer, communicate and enforce safety standards
- Provide support as required to on-site staff with dispute resolution and other identified issues
- Monitor supplier and sub-trade performance throughout the project, complete supplier and sub-trade evaluations as required by the quality control program
- In conjunction with the Project Coordinator, request and coordinate project close-out documentation including warranties, operation and maintenance manuals, etc.
Success in this position will include, but not be limited to, the use of project management techniques, pre-project planning, planning/estimating/scheduling, engineering management and construction management.
- Commitment to high standards of procedural safety and regulatory compliance
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and documents
- Ability to trust and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills with internal and external partners
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently with matchless organization skills
- Desire to continuously learn and apply new skills to the job
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Possession of or commitment to obtaining GSC certification or PMP designation (construction)
- Engineering degree or diploma in a relevant discipline plus professional designation (P. Eng, CPM, C. Tech, or CET)
- 2-3 years experience as an project manager, project coordinator, field engineer/layout or superintendent would be an asset
- Experience with construction project estimating and scheduling software
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Level Government clearance
Sullivan is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please note your accommodation requirements in your cover letter.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.