Sullivan is currently looking for a Foreman to join our team. We provide a dynamic work environment and offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Closing Date: January 17, 2020
Your New Role
Reporting to the Sitework Manager, the Foreman is responsible for the overall maintenance and supervision of construction projects and its crews. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality approach to all employees, customers, subcontractors, managers, and suppliers. The Foreman, in coordination with the Superintendent, is responsible for identifying issues and designing and carrying out policies and procedures that support the project initiatives of Sullivan.
While the Foreman is responsible for a multitude of duties, the main functions include:
- Efficiently organize the crew in order to ensure that each individual understands their role
- Supervise and train workers and tradespeople and ensure they perform daily activities to meet production goals
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate and identify needs for crew training
- Establish effective onsite communications and progress reporting to Superintendents
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met and participate in accident/incident investigations and reviews
- Recognize problems, report and address any issues that may develop within crews
- Ensure administrative duties are maintained such as time sheets and reporting
- Perform additional assignments as per the Superintendent's direction
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OHSA guidelines
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, plans and blueprints
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Problem-solving abilities and able to make quick decisions
- Ability to delegate tasks and direct the work of others
- Effective interpersonal and team building skills
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Post-secondary certificate in CET or formal technical training that is relevant to the field
- Five or more years experience in the construction industry
- Three or more years of supervisory experience in the construction field
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Level Government clearance
Sullivan is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please note your accommodation requirements in your cover letter.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.